The mission of the Department of Commerce Internship Program is to engage and empower developing leaders with a passion for public service. The program will expose students to opportunities in the Federal Government and the potential to find passion in a career in public service. Interns will gain unique experience through their placement in one of several DOC offices.
The DOC Internship Program accepts applications on a rolling basis. This is an unpaid opportunity. Candidates must be available for the duration of the program to be considered for placement. Applicants must demonstrate a strong interest in public policy, governmental affairs, public affairs, business and/or community engagement.
To apply for an internship, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. You will be contacted only if you are a candidate for an internship.
- U.S. citizenship
- Eighteen years of age on or before the first day of the internship
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at a college, community college, or university (2-4 year institution)
- Office of the Secretary
- Office of the Deputy Secretary
- Office of Business Liaison
- Office of Digital Engagement
- Office of Public Affairs
- Office of Scheduling and Advance
- Executive Secretariat
- Office of Policy and Strategic Planning
- Office of Legislative and Intergovernmental Affairs
- Office of the General Counsel
- Office of White House Liaison
- National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA)
- International Trade Administration (ITA)
- Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA)
- Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS)
- Economic Development Administration (EDA)
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)